It is hardly few days left for Durga Puja and like a typical Bong Girl; I have gone into the puja mode. Not only durga puja but also Navratri and Dussehra are also coming. It’s the FESTIVAL season. There’s little bit looking extra-good to be done these days, isn’t it? That extra good comes from healthy skin and hair.
Many of you may be overloaded with work, home, studies and other commitments. That’s why I’m sharing with you some quick and easy-to-do tips and hacks to make ‘looking extra good’ that much more easier for you. I’ve tried most of this, and yes, they do work…
Always prioritize health before anything else. As the weather is hot in the day time, you can get dehydrated in the heat. So, drink a lot of water and fresh juice. Eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy, beans, nuts, salads, fermented foods like yogurt, protein, and healthy fat. Being healthy in the festival should be the first goal. If you are not feeling well, you can’t enjoy the celebrations.
Since it is the biggest festival of the year, putting makeup is mandatory. So, don’t skip your skin care routine. Dead cells make your face look dull. So clean them away to reveal your naturally beautiful face. You can scrub or exfoliate the skin but remember, you have to do it according to your skin type.
The biggest problems of hair are dandruff, dullness, dryness. You have to get rid of that before you start styling it. There are particular treatments to make the hair look soft, shiny and dandruff free. Maintain a good shampoo according to your hair type for hair care all through the year. You can use yogurt for dry, damaged hair. And of course, manicure and pedicure don’t need to be mentioned separately as they should be included in the regular care.
- Make some green tea by soaking green tea bags in hot boiled water. Let the tea bags remain in the water till it’s naturally cool. Pour the green tea on your hair, let it remain for some time, and then rinse off with warm water. It makes your hair soft and manageable.
- Apply some olive oil on dry hair focus on the tips to bring back shine for dull hair. Control frizzy unmanageable hair by applying a little olive oil or coconut oil to help smoothen it out.
- To get rid of dandruff, mix some white vinegar with water and use as a shampoo. Massage properly, leave on for a few minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
- Oily hair and no time for shampoo? Take a little talcum powder on your hands and apply with fingers on the roots for dry, grease-free hair in minutes.
- For any pimple or rash that comes up at the last minute, don’t burst it. Instead, apply a little lime juice on the spot.
- No time for a facial? Rub the inside of a papaya skin or a fresh banana peel on your face and see the glow. Take a little lemon juice and sugar granules. Mix together and rub over your face. Not only is this good for lightening the skin and removing any tan on regular use, it also avoids pimples and gives your face a glow.
- Take used tea bags and store them in the freezer. Grate half of a cucumber and massage around eye area and then lie down with the tea bags on your eyes for 10 minutes .You will find an instant difference in the way your eyes look and feel.
Nevertheless, look flawless on the occasion and look your best.
Do remember to share your ‘special’ tips as well.
copyright © 2017 livewithstyle19.wordpress.com. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for reading this post…
Did you like this post??
Share your feedback in the comment box below…